The following information is for our 2018 season.
The Junior High Program typically includes 2 games a week. Home games are played at the Old Butte Soccer Complex in Idaho Falls. Away games may be played up and down the Snake River Valley. Multiple divisions are offered. A tournament is played in October for the top teams in each division.
BYSL Rules state that Players must play for the public school they attend OR would attend if in a charter school (or home schooled) or for freshman, the school they did (or would have) attended in jr. high.
Participation will be open to all 6th graders born in 2006, 7th & 8th graders and 9th graders who do not make their High School Teams. Teams will be formed mostly as 6th and 7th grade teams and 8th and 9th grade teams. Every effort will be made to not have a 6th grader on a team with a 9th grader.
All 6th grade players born in 2006 will play with the Jr. High team for the boundaries in which they reside. 6th graders born in 2006 can also elect to play fall soccer in the U12 program, though we have found that experienced and/or athleticly mature players in this situtation will have a better experience with the Junior High Program.
BRING the Following to Tryouts:
- Proof of payment to gotsoccer or check or cash for $110 to make payment the first night of tryouts. All players MUST pay before any games will be scheduled for their respective teams. Please make checks out to BYSL with your child's name written clearly on the memo line.
- Ball, water, cleats, shin guards
EAGLE ROCK GIRLS
- Director: Chris Lawrence (952) 204-5144
- Tryouts: August 13th, 15th & 16th at Eagle Rock Jr High 5:00 - 7:00 PM
ROCKY MOUNTAIN GIRLS
- Director: Jeremy Christensen--569-6856; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tryouts: August 13th & 14th at Iona Elementary 6:00 - 7:30PM
- Director: David Adams-208-520-1514; email@example.com
- Tryouts: August 13th & 14th at Taylorview Middle School 6:00 - 8:00PM
- Director: Jose Moreno--208-709-2940, jmoreno.co.bonneville.id.us
- Tryouts: August 13th & 14th at Tiebreaker Elementary 6:00 - 8:00PM
- Director: Stephanie Pena -208-403-2629
- Tryouts: August 13th & 14th at Stuart Elemantary 9:00 - 10:30AM
BOYS Tryout Information
EAGLE ROCK BOYS
- Director: Pedro Corona-208-346-3089; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tryouts: August 14th & 16th at Eagle Rock Middle School 4:00 -5:00PM
ROCKY MOUNTAIN BOYS
- Director: Scott Staker--520-8334; email@example.com
- Tryouts: August 13th & 14th at Iona Elementary 6:00 - 8:00PM
- Director: Brandon Lee -- (208) 407-9283; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tryouts: August 13th & 14th at Taylorview Middle School 6:00 - 7:30PM
- Directors: Brad Stauffer - (208)243-1408
- Tryouts: August 14th & 15th at Tiebreaker Elementary 6:00-8:00PM
- Director: Troy Taylor 208-390-5541
- Tryouts: August 9th & 10th at Stuart Elementary School - 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Jr High Registration needs to be completed and paid prior to the end of tryouts. If there is no team available for a player, then that player's registration fees will be refunded. Please make sure you collect registration forms and code of conduct forms for those not completed online, birth certificates, and fees ($110.00) before the deadline. (Checks should be written to "BYSL Jr. High" with the player's name written in the memo).
If your team is NOT registered by the deadline, your team's games will be forfeited until your team is registered.